Kalli-kalli is an international kindergarten located in Ülemiste City, a modern business district close to Tallinn city center. We have altogether eight classes for different ages and with different study languages. We have three Estonian kindergarten classes (children from 3-6), two English kindergarten classes (children from 3-6), one Estonian day-care group (children from 1.5 to 2) and one French class. In the educational activities Kalli-kalli kindergarten follows the Estonian National Pre-School Curriculum.
We believe that the strengths of Kalli-kalli kindergarten are:
- the best and the happiest teachers;
- strong and exciting curriculum;
- observation of the personal development of every child.
Why do we believe it?
- We have always a strong competition for the teacher's job. Therefore we have the opportunity to select the best teachers to work with our children.
- All our teachers pass the training "Happy teacher". Only together with a happy teacher the children can be happy in the kindergarten.
- We give the child and the parents enough time for adapting with the kindergarten by applying a calm and smooth adaption methodology.
- Our teachers love children and the children love them. Come and see yourself!
- We encourage the teachers and the parents to give feedback to each other in order to create a good communication between the kindergarten and the family.
- Our assistant teachers are dedicated to children. They have no other responsibilities in the kindergarten than working with the children.
- Our aim is to ensure that every child will be well prepared for a good school and that he/she will be doing well in the school.
- We encourage children to mutual cooperation in study activities. In addition to teaching new knowledge we also develop humanity and communication skills of the children.
- Our study activities are playful and exciting which helps to preserve the child's interest in learning also in his/her future life.
- We have French lesson once a week in addition to the regular study activities.
Personal development of the child
- Every year teachers prepare a thorough and personal e-portfolio of each child (which includes videos, photos and interviews).
- Every spring teachers write a thorough progress report about every child.
- Our kindergarten has a psychologist who plays a personal development game with each child and gives feedback to the parent on his/her child's strengths and areas of development.
- Teachers observe the development of every child and prepare study activities suitable to him/her.
- We have small classes - up to 17 children in a class and at least two teachers working with them.
And more... :)
- Every Friday teachers send an e-mail to the parents of their class with an overview of the last week's activities together with some pictures .
- Every Monday morning the whole kindergarten gathers to the assembly hall for the joint morning circle.
- The children eat in a separate dining room where our housewife helps us.
- The psychologist of the kindergarten offers free consulting to the parents helping to solve issues that they may have with their children.
- We arrange free training to our parents on topics related to the development and health of the children.
- We have a wide choice of extracurricular activities.
- The kindergarten has a large outdoor playground with high-quality equipment.
- The kindergarten has a big hall for music and physical education lessons and for parties.
- For children who do not need day-time nap anymore we shall find alternative activities.
The kindergarten Kalli-kalli offers child-oriented, secure, homely and flexible playing and learning environment, where special attention is paid to observing and supporting the child’s development.
The vision of the kindergarten Kalli-kalli is to be a highly valued private kindergarten of good image which offers the opportunity of constant learning through playing and creative activities starting already from babies’ playschool up to the pre-school level studies.